This year, the IIM CAT 2019 was held on November 24. The CAT 2019 was conducted in two shifts in around 374 centres across 156 cities.
- Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) shortlist candidates for the interview stage on the basis of their own criteria, which may be independent of each other
- The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI)
- As per IIMs, performance in the CAT 2019 examination is an important component in the admission process
- IIMs may additionally use other factors such as the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience, gender, and academic diversity and other similar inputs in shortlisting and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process
- The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs