Preparing for maths exams can be very stressful for many students. But if you take up the correct strategy, board exam preparation can become very easy. Here are a few tips to ace Maths,
- Spend your preparation time understanding these concepts and which will enable you to derive these formulae too
- The subject can be very abstract sometimes so looking out for a practical application can help change your perspective as well as make it interesting
- Make a list of all formulae. This will be useful for undertaking multiple revision sessions. Before the day of examination, it will help you to go through the entire syllabus at once.
- Maths cannot be mustered by just reading and listening. Ensure that you keep practicing questions from previous years’ question papers regularly. Devote 2-4 hours to the subject daily
- Develop a habit of setting time limit to solving the questions. It will not only be helpful during the day of exam but also come handy for revision sessions
- Try completing test papers in 2 ½ hrs (instead of the actual examination time three hours). If possible, devote time between 10:30 am and 1:00 pm which coincides with your examination time to set your body clock.
- Analyze the break-up of marks in questions and try to solve them accordingly
- Give the difficult chapters some extra time and the easy ones can be scrolled a bit quickly