The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is set to conduct Class 12 board exams 2020 for main subjects from the month of March. Accountancy is one of the main subjects for the commerce stream students and it becomes a scoring one if a student is clear with the concepts and the formulas.
India Today got talking to highly experienced Board examiner Dr Pramendra Sharma, an NCERT resource person and a senior Accountancy teacher at DPS Bulandshahr, with over 24 years of teaching experience and fourteen years of board examiner experience. He gave some important tips for the students to score above 95 marks in CBSE 2020 Class 12 Accountancy paper.
1. Students are required to present working notes very neatly near the solution because working notes have a separate provision for marks.
2. Students must keep a proper time-watch as per the board standards. It should be around 2 minutes for 1 mark question and multiply accordingly based on the number of marks a question offers.
3. Students should be careful and vigil about the formats of different questions like debit and credit column, and liability and asset and proper heading/title of the accounts and statements.
4. Students should attempt at least 10 sample question papers in Accountancy and Business Studies each.
5. One more important advice for students is to read the question very carefully and present the answer to the point. Writing extra will not be awarding and only leads to the wastage of time. For instance, if question demands only capital account then there is no use of preparing the balance sheet simultaneously, or if the journal entries are asked then do not prepare the ledger account and balance sheet.
6. Strictly avoid overwriting and cutting in the fair work. If needed, strike out the faulty work in a single go and plan to start the whole answer fresh.
7. A commerce student specifically should have good command in calculations that comes through practice. This not only saves time but also assures the correctness of the answer.
8. Order of all parts of a question is important and the answer should be attempted in that order only and all in one place. For instance, a revaluation account, partners’ capital and balance sheet of a question should be done in order and one place only.
9. To conclude the talk with one suggestion which is often overlooked is to keep your cool before the exam. Design and plan your answers during the reading time of question paper which can save you a lot of time.