Indian Institute of Technology Madras is hosting the India-EMBO Symposium on ‘Engineering meets evolution: Designing biological systems’ from 30th January to 1st February 2020. The event brought together leading scientists, researchers, and first-stage research scholars to discuss the advances and latest research findings in the field of ‘Synthetic Biology’ and ‘Bioengineering’.
The aim of the India-EMBO symposium is to provide a platform to the research community for exchanging ideas, discussing challenges encountered and sharing research experiences. It focused on various aspects of bioengineering and synthetic biology, such as:
- Utilisation of biological systems to create the desired effect
- Understanding the metabolism to engineer the cell
- The potential applications of engineering the genetic material
- Research queries on synthetic microbial communities
- Putting these above-mentioned concepts together in real-life applications