NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING SCHEME
GRADUATE, TECHNICIAN, AND TECHNICIAN (VOCATIONAL) APPRENTICES
under The Apprentices (Amendment) Act, 1973 and 1986.
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, Government of India, through its four Regional Boards of Apprenticeship / Practical Training, implements theApprenticeship Training Scheme for
Graduates in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Hotel Management and Catering Technology / Architecture,
Diploma Holders in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Hotel Management and Catering Technology / Architecture, and
Pass outs of Vocational Courses at 10+2 level.
• To supplement the institutional learning by practical training.
• To make freshers employable.
• To promote industry institute interaction.
• To facilitate skill development.
• Training duration – One year.
• Training can be started on any day of the year.
• Apprentices receive a monthly stipend.
• Government reimburses 50% of the minimum prescribed stipend to the employers.
STATUTORY NOTICE TO EMPLOYERS
It is to notify to all the employers of the industries or businesses in any trade / occupation that it is statutory to engage Graduate, Technician, and Technician (Vocational) Apprentices (apart from engaging Trade Apprentices) in such number as allocated by the Regional Boards of Apprenticeship Training / Practical Training and impart them apprenticeship training under the provisions of TheApprenticesAct.
The Apprentices Act is applicable to all the industries / establishments unless exempted by the Central Government.
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, through its Regional Boards reimburses, 50% of the minimum prescribed stipend to the employers.
All the freshers holding a degree / diploma in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Hotel Management and Catering Technology / Architecture, and pass outs of Vocational Courses at 10+2 level, are hereby informed that the Regional Boards of Apprenticeship / Practical Training have located seats in Private Industries, Public Sector Undertakings, and Government Organizations, for imparting apprenticeship training in various subject fields.
• Method of Training – ‘On-the-Job’ including both hard skills and soft skills.
• Stipend – Minimum restricted to Government rates; above minimum varies from industry to industry.
• Certificate of Proficiency -Awarded on satisfactory completion of one year training.
• One year period of training is considered as work experience.
For further details, please contact :-
EASTERN REGION: Board of Practical Training (ER). Kolkata www.bopter.com; www.bopter.gov.in
WESTERN REGION: Board of Apprenticeship Training (WR), Mumbai vAvw.apprentice-engineer.com
NORTHERN REGION: Board of Apprenticeship Training (NR), Kanpur www.boatnr.org
SOUTHERN REGION: Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR), Chennai wvAviboatsr-apprenticein.nic in; www.boat-srp.com
Bridging Careen… Building Careers!!