Just two months to go for CAT, there must be a lot of nervousness among aspirants preparing for the exam. It is completely fine for any aspirant to get nervous before the day of the exam. However, there are certain things that candidates can do to maximise their chances of performing well in the exam and not get overly stressed.
Follow these simple tips to score well,
- You must get at least 8 hours sleep before the exam to maintain your focus while attempting the paper. Lack of sleep will lead to restlessness and you might just end up yawning inside the examination hall.
- You must pay attention to the 15-minute tutorial as well as the important instructions. The tutorial is meant to help you familiarise yourself with the online test procedure such as navigating through the sections and keeping a track of the time.
- You must not forget to carry your Admit Card and ID proof on the day of the exam. Without the admit card, you will not be allowed to sit in the exam hall, and the process of going back home to retrieve will waste your precious time.
- You may find some questions in the paper that will distract you from performing in other simple questions. Don’t spend too much time on such questions as you will lose the opportunity to attempt the easier ones.
- Ensure that you reach the exam venue at least one and a half hour before the commencement of the test. Reaching in advance means your precious time will not be wasted in the security checks, identity verification process, etc.
- Taking CAT is all about how you manage your time while answering tricky questions. With time limit given in every section, it is best for you to avoid overspending time on a question that you feel is tough to answer.