The University Grants Commission, UGC, issued a notice in interest of the public, alerting them about a fake university which is not recognised.
As per the notice, “It has come to notice of the University Grants Commission through electronic and print media that National Institute of Management Solutions, B 1/11 IInd Floor, Janakpuri, New Delhi is offering various courses including BBA programmes, engineering degree programmes,”. The notice further cleared that National Institute of Management Solutions is not recognised by University Grants Commission to offer any ‘Bachelor/Master’ programmes either through regular mode or distance mode.
“Also, National Institute of Management Solutions, B 1/11 IInd Floor, Jankapuri, New Delhi is not authorized to admit students in any Bachelor/Master degree programmes on behlaf of any other university,” the notice said.
UGC ‘s aim:
- Promoting and coordinating university education
- Determining and maintaining standards of teaching, examination, and research in universities
- Framing regulations on minimum standards of education
- Monitoring developments in the field of collegiate and university education; disbursing grants to the universities and colleges
- Serving as a vital link between the Union and state governments and institutions of higher learning
- Advising the central and state governments on the measures necessary for the improvement of university education.