Climate change has already started showing its deadly impact in more ways than we can think or debate. It is high time for each of us to act against these terrible changes to preserve the planet for future generations.We always ignore five critical elements i.e. Water, Waste, Energy, Food and House in our day to day lifestyle habits. By taking care of these five essential elements at our homes/schools/offices for a sustainable life we can bring in big changes with small choices.
- A small balcony garden would be great to start with to understand the real meaning of growing, cultivating and contributing to Mother Earth.
- Toilets are the main source of water use in homes. Understanding the eco usage of your toilet can mean real water saving. According to Conserve H20, a Water Providers Consortium, each flush use at least 1.6 litres of water. By simply introducing dual flush system we can save gallons of water every day.
- Reusing dry waste such as bottles, shopping bags and using alternatives for plastics like bamboo brush, plastic cutleries in functions etc, we can simply help our planet.
- By harvesting sunlight and reducing dependency on fossil fuels through switching over to solar such has, solar heaters, solar inverters, solar cookers, etc. we can take a huge step towards mitigating the human impact of climate change.
- An EcoHouse is an environmentally sustainable building, designed, constructed and operated to minimise the total environmental impact. Green Structure that use locally made material and has things that satisfy our needs and not wants, is always a win-win situation for nature as well as human beings.