Preparing for a competitive exam like CAT may be very difficult but it is certainly not impossible. If candidates come up with a strategic and systematic plan, then attempting this national-level examination should not be a tough nut to crack. The Common Admission Test (CAT) will take place on November 24, 2019 at different test centres all over India.
Every CAT 2019 aspirant must know that it very important for them to be aware of the subjects that are to be prepared for the examination. For this, the candidates must take a look at the CAT 2019 syllabus. They must also know how to prepare these subjects in order to cover maximum topics and sections. Let’s check out some of the easy tips and tricks that can be beneficial for the preparation plan.
- The time given to complete this section of CAT 2019 is 60 minutes. Test takers must not take more than 50 minutes to answer the maximum number of questions in this section. The remaining 10 minutes should be utilised revising the answers and attempting unanswered questions
- The VARC has been structured in a way to judge your reading skills along with your language knowledge. Experts advise on improving grammatical understanding, which can be done by following good grammar books
- For a better understanding, reading through junior level books is recommended by experts and CAT applicants who have scored 99 percentile
- Sub-sections like Fact Inference Judgment, Para Completion, Verbal Reasoning, Analogies and Para Jumble are the ones that need more attention and understanding
- Other sub-sections need more practice and a little bit of memorising when it comes to synonyms and idioms. For this, you can solve practice papers or previous years’ question papers
- Solving previous years’ papers will also help in understanding the pattern and structure of the questions framed for VARC
- Experts also advise learning as many as 10 new words with their meaning, synonyms and usage.