However, the prelims exam was quite unpredictable and had surprised many students this year, as the weightage of the questions had shifted a lot from analytical to current-affairs based questions. Those who have successful cleared Civil Services Prelims 2019, must be gearing up for mains now.
Tips to improve answer writing skills:
- Revision is important to retain the vast syllabus of Civil Services Mains and make proper notes which can be quickly revised even at the last moment.
- The notes should be designed in such a manner which can remind you of the entire topic studied during the revision. So highlight the important points for the notes.
- Once you get sound knowledge of the subject through NCERTs and standard books, and next important step is to solve previous 5 years question papers.
- Enroll for Mains Test Series and assess your preparation level.
- UPSC not only looks for candidates with strong knowledge of the theoretical subjects given in mains, but a candidate who has a problem solving approach and an administrator like perspective along with right decision making ability gets a good chance to score more.